Enable the Reward Points integration for your SocialToaster campaign to transfer the points activity of your users from their SocialToaster accounts to their Magento accounts.
Magento Community Edition 1.7 to 1.9.x or Magento Enterprise Edition 1.9 to 1.14.x
- Reward Points Extension with API Plugin, from magestore.com
1. Purchase, Install, and Configure the Reward Points Extension for Magento
Purchase any edition of the extension. The API Plugin is required, and may be an additional charge depending on the version you select. Follow the setup instructions for the extension to install it in your Magento store.
2. Configure Magento with SOAP/XML-RPC API Access
- If one does not already exist, add a new role under System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles with access to all resources (it needs access to the core_store, customer, and rewardpoints_transaction APIs)
- If one does not already exist, add a new user under System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Users, with the role you added in the previous step
3. Configure Your Points in SocialToaster
Set point values for your campaign in the SocialToaster dashboard under Configuration > Program Setup > Points. All activity that generates points for your users will be transferred to Magento on a one-to-one basis. If you do not want an activity to be rewarded in Magento, set its value in SocialToaster to 0. Note that when the Magento integration is enabled below, points that users earn will no longer be visible on the campaign site or any emails from your campaign. This prevents any confusion to your users in having their points shown to them in two different contexts.
3. Configure the Integration in SocialToaster
- In the SocialToaster dashboard, go to Configuration > Program Setup > External Platforms and click the toggle switch for Magento. You will be redirected to the configuration page.
- Enter the URL and user credentials for the account configured for API access in Step 2 above, then click Save
- If your account has been set up correctly, you will see the message "Account Verified". If you get the message "Sorry, we could not verify your account", please double-check your Magento API user setup described above in setup instruction 2
- Click the Settings tab, select the Magento store where the Reward Points Extension is displayed, and click the Integration Enabled toggle switch to enable the data sync process. If you have any Custom Points that use the SocialToaster API and originate from activity in your Magento site, you should select them from the Custom Points Exclusions list. Click Save.
- (Optional) If you have an existing campaign with users who have reached recurring point milestones that resulted in rewards, you may not want all user points to transfer to Magento once the integration is turned on. If this is the case, you should enter the value in Use milestone value for backfill. For example, if you enter a value of 50, a user with 51 points will be transferred 1 point when the integration is enabled, while someone with 599 points will be transferred 49. This setting will not appear if no users in your campaign reached a point milestone.
- (Optional) If you have point rewards configured under Features > Custom Points that originate with activity from the Magento site, you should select them here to prevent duplication of reward points.
4. You're Done!
New users who sign up for your SocialToaster program will be matched to their profiles in your Magento store by their email address. Once connected this way, the points they earn from SocialToaster will be transferred to their customer accounts in your Magento store.