Sometimes a link, such as a recruit link, doesn't look quite right when it gets shared to facebook. Facebook, and many other sites, determine how to display links based on their "Open Graph" (OG) data. OG data is simply a handful of meta tags that indicate what the page is about. Although this data is not visible on the page, Facebook has developed a debugging tool that is pretty simple to use. To investigate the OG data on a link follow these steps:
- Go to the Facebook debugger (You will need to be logged in to facebook)
- Select "Sharing Debugger" if it is not already selected
- Paste in your link
- click "Debug"
- The Open Graph data will display along with the last time the data was pulled in.
- If the last time scraped is far in the past click "Scrape again"
- If the link is still not displaying correctly contact us at email@example.com